Saving Money and Budget Tools
Living independently includes being responsible for rent or mortgage repayments, utilities, transport costs, school fees, pets, food and other everyday expenses. When money is very tight there is, even more, a reason to budget.
Here are some Tools that will help you Identify where you can save Money. Download them today.
Energy Made Easy
An easy to read guide that assists in helping you to understand, control and compare your energy services.
Download Energy-Made-Easy-.pdf [490.49kb]
Utilities Literacy Program
The Utilities Literacy Program supports people to reduce financial hardship associated with electricity, gas and water utilities. This program delivers information for those that support the community and those who are part of our communities.
Download Utilities-Literacy-Program.pdf [1,917.90kb]
- ASIC Money Smart – This website will help you control and manage your money.
- ASIC Money Smart – Arabic – This page contains Arabic translations of MoneySmart content. To view the publications below in English, go to publications. To access the audio and photo stories in English, go to the Money management kit for community settlement workers.
- ASIC Money Smart – Sudanese Arabic – This page contains Sudanese translations of MoneySmart content. To view the publications below in English, go to publications. To access the audio and photo stories in English, go to the Money management kit for community settlement workers.
- Energy Smart – Energy Saving Tips & Managing Your Energy Bill – This resource provides information on how to manage your energy bill and some energy saving tips.
- Struggling to pay your energy bill? – Energy Made Easy – If you are struggling to pay your energy bill, help is available. Getting help early can help you avoid extra fees or disconnection. You may be able to get an extension, a payment plan, information about concessions and even energy saving ideas. Find out more from Energy Made Easy.