Cleaning Outside Space
Maintaining your home also includes the space that is outside. Keeping the outside space free from clutter, rubbish and disposable items provides a safe area for you and your family and friends to spend time with each other.
A quick note on rental properties
When you are renting a house from a private landlord or through a real estate company as the ‘Tenant’ you are responsible for keeping all areas of your home clean. Your landlord will help you understand how to do this, and you will be helped to manage this as they will inspect your property regularly, and provide feedback about what you can do to keep your home clean.
- Front entrances are the first thing that people see when they arrive to visit you. Keep them clear of clutter, free from rubbish, dirt and dust.
- Clear any spider webs outside your front door, including around light fittings with a broom. To remove the cobwebs from the broom, wear rubber or disposable gloves and rub and/or pull away from the webs.
- Shake your door mat and sweep the veranda with a good straw yard broom.
- Brush/ wipe over any furniture on your veranda with a damp cloth.
- Store any outdoor furniture under cover to extend its life – if it’s not possible to stack or fold chairs and cover furniture when not in use.