Cleaning the Bathroom
Cleaning the bathroom can take just 10 minutes every couple of days, which will keep on top of any mess and germs. A bathroom can be used by many people in a home, and it is important to keep this clean to ensure your family stays well and healthy.
Germs, like bacteria, and viruses can be easily passed from one family member to another in the bathroom if it is not kept clean. This can make your family very sick, which would mean they are away from school and work, missing out on their everyday activities.
Quick Bathroom Tips
- Sweep or vacuum the floor before you start using water to clean other surfaces, this will remove dust and hair which can be caught up and is harder to remove when surfaces are wet.
- Remove rubbish such as clumps of hair, tissues, paper, empty body wash and shampoo bottles, old razors and toothbrushes before cleaning.
- Change all the towels and put them in the washing basket.
- Pick up any clothes that may be on the floor and put them in the washing.
- If there is room in the bathroom for a washing basket, put one into the bathroom and these items can go straight into the basket.
- Clean the sink with your preferred cleaning product (bicarbonate soda and vinegar or a commercial cleaning product).
- Clean the soap dispenser and/or holder as this has lots of contacts with your family’s hands and needs cleaning too.
- Clean the nail brush, or replace it if it is very dirty and old.
- Keep toothbrushes away from where hands are washed.
- Wipe down other surfaces, like door handles, light switches, mirrors and other fixtures and fittings in the bathroom.
- Using differing cleaning cloths for the bathroom surfaces and the toilet is important.
- Mop the floors once all the surfaces have been cleaned, let your family know the floor is wet so they do not slip and fall.