Cleaning the Kitchen
Keeping the kitchen clean, tidy and free of rubbish will ensure that food can be prepared for yourself and your family safely. Preparing food in a clean kitchen can be achieved by taking a few minutes each day before and after meal times.
Being organised and having food items labelled, stored and accessible can help make meal times easier to manage and fun as the whole family can become involved.
- Keep bench tops free of rubbish, papers and other items
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Do the dishes after every meal
- Put food away in the fridge and cupboards to store it safely
- Keep fridges clean and free from expired, old and rotten food
- Keep the oven, microwave and stove tops clean by wiping up spills as they happen
There are many other surfaces and areas of the kitchen that, when kept clean and tidy, will make it easier to prepare healthy meals and enjoy meal times with your family. Access the resources below to find out more.