One Pot Stew
Preparation time: 55 mins
- 400 grams beef mince
- 1 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or minced prepared garlic to taste
- 4 medium red potatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 handful frozen pea and corn mix
- 1 700 gram fresh tomato pasta sauce (I use Bertolli)
- 1 dash oil, vegetable or olive
- 200 ml water
- One teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- Peel and chop onions, carrot and potatoes.
- Put oil into a large saucepan and throw in chopped garlic and onion and sweat them until the onions start to go clear.
- Throw in meat and cook stirring so it doesnt clump together
- Add carrots and potatoes and allow to brown a little stirring occasionally to make sure they don’t stick in the pan.
- Add all of pasta sauce and stir into mix
- Add water and the vegetable stock powder and peas and corn, and stir until well combined.
- Put on lid and lower to a simmer for 45 mins or until potatoes are still holding their shape but cooked all the way through.
- Serve hot in a bowl with some nice crusty bread.
You may add more or less water depending on how thick you like your stew. If you add too much water just leave the lid off and cook for a while to reduce down.