Preparation time: 50 mins
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 kg sausages, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 8 cups (2 litres) chicken stock
- 800g tinned peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup risoni pasta
- In a large pot, melt butter and brown the sausage slices; drain fat.
- Stir flour into sausage then mix in chicken stock, tomatoes, basil and oregano; bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer approximately 20 minutes or until sausage is fully cooked.
- Add zucchini slices and pasta. Continue cooking until zucchini and pasta are done.